In the current age of Convergent Technology Scalability, Flexibility and Security of IT systems is becoming increasingly important. As a result the requirement for Networking Devices that can provide high level functionality while still remaining cost effective has increased dramatically.
One potential solution to this problem is the deployment of an Integrated Services Router. Integrated Services Routers provide additional features such as Firewall and VOIP in addition to the Network Routing features provided by traditional Routers.
One particularly good example of this technology is the VIGOR2820 Series Router by DrayTek. The VIGOR2820 Series Router is available in both Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) and Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) formats and is capable of supporting all current Internet Access Modes including ADSL2+ providing both Guaranteed Compatibility for those on the cutting edge of technology and an avenue of scalability for users of traditional ADSL services.
In addition to traditional Routing and Internet Access the VIGOR 2820 provides a variety of additional services including Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and Security functions. These additional services combined with innovative Traffic Management and Content Filtering systems allow the VIGOR2820 Series Routers to provide true Flexibility, Scalability and Security to the Business User.
Please see below for more information on the key features of the DrayTek VIGOR2820 Series Router
- ADSL/ADSL2+ and Broadband Router
- Dual-WAN ports for ADSL or cable modem or both
- 3G (Cellular) Modem support
- Analogue Modem Connectivity (Dial-Backup)
- Comprehensive and Robust Firewall
- Content Filtering (by matched keyword or data type)
- Global View Category Filtering (Subject to subscription)
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi Virtual LAN segmentation (common/distinct)
- Configurable QoS Features (For traffic prioritisation)
- VPN Dial-in/dial-out with VPN hardware co-processor
- 802.11n Wireless LAN (‘n’ models only)
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN Port for LAN Server connectivity
- USB Port for Printer or 3G Modem
- Highly configurable but easy to install and monitor
If you would like more information on DrayTek Routers and how they can help your business please contact the office on 03333 66 33 33